Thursday, April 5, 2007


Currently Reading
The Girlfriends' Guide to Surviving the First Year of Motherhood
By Vicki Iovine
see related

I'm long overdue for an update...

My shower was last Saturday, and it was GREAT! I had such a fun time, and I think everyone else did, too. I was completely overwhelmed with the generous 'showering' of Little P - how blessed we are to have such wonderful family and friends. I will post photos from the shower in the next day or two...

Today I had a doctor's appointment, and my blood pressure was higher than they liked. Combined with my swelling feet and cankles, they took some blood for testing and then had me lay down for 10 minutes and took my blood pressure again. Luckily it went down, since if it hadn't they were going to send me to the hospital. As it is, I'm now on bedrest. I got the ok to go to church on Sunday(Jamie said 'we'll see'), and then to come back in to their office on Monday for another blood pressure check. My regular doctor was on vacation this week, so I met with the nurse practitioner who is super nice. But in the meantime, she said that we'd better at least narrow down our boys' name choices, since this baby might not wait until May 5. I'm hoping that we'll at least be able to go to the birthing classes we're scheduled for next weekend! At least I'm starting to feel better about things than I did when we left the doctor's office. It's a good thing Jamie was with me, as I had a bit of a breakdown on the car ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment