Wednesday, June 27, 2007


Carter is getting so big! He now weighs 11 pounds, 4 ounces (50th percentile) - up 4 lbs 4 oz from birth weight, but up 5 lbs 1 oz from when we had his feeding issues and had to have him back in the hospital! He is 23.5 inches long (75th percentile), from 21 inches at birth, And his head is apparently little, as he's only in the 10th percentile for head circumference (thankfully for me ). My great aunt and uncle from Texas are coming to town late this week - I'm very excited for them to meet Carter!

One of the reasons I haven't been updating much lately is because I feel like I don't have a lot to say other than what's going on with Carter. I was kind of sad about that, because it also feels like I don't have much of my own identity without him. HOWEVER, I realize that of course it has to be all about him right now - he's only 9 weeks old! And I will slowly be able to start getting things back to normal...at least I think so, anyway. Moms out there - can you confirm? I feel like I'm almost a bad mom for saying that, because it certainly isn't because I don't love Carter with EVERY ounce of my being, but, well, I don't know. It's not like I want my old, pre-Carter life back, because I love being his mama, but I want to have some things of my own to talk about. Does that make sense? Ok, I think I'm just rambling now...

I'm excited - we're going to go to the library! I'm embarassed to say I've only been to the library once since we moved to Carver almost 2 years ago. And that was just to get my new library card. I think I'm going to look for some books on how to help me with my new DSLR camera...it takes good pictures as I've been using it on auto setting, but I'm guessing I could do much more if I was a little more educated on how to use more of the functions. I'll try to post some 'before and after' shots in the next week or so...

No comments:

Post a Comment