Saturday, June 30, 2007


Six years ago today, I was awaking from a night of little sleep - there was too much excitement for what the day ahead held. I went through a flurry of preparations that morning, from loading the car several times full of stuff to getting my hair done; from picking up my dress to then unloading all the stuff. Primping, prepping, pacing...praying.

I had certainly thought about this day for a long time , and there had been more than a year of planning, but now it was actually here. I was ready to burst with excitement. Only slightly nervous (mostly about if I would trip and fall!), I thought for sure I would cry as my best friends and sisters were helping me wait out those last few minutes. Then it was finally time, and I went to meet my dad in the hallway. I thought for sure I would cry as I waited with him, in those last few seconds. Then as we walked into the chapel and saw so many family, friends and loved ones I was overwhelmed. But all I could focus on was the most important person in my life, who was standing at the front of the room waiting for me. As we listened to songs and scriptures and then said our vows, I thought for sure I would cry. But I was just so happy all I could do was smile.

It was such a relief to make it through the ceremony - especially since I didn't trip and fall! - and I couldn't wait to go and celebrate with all of the special people in our lives. The horse and carriage ride from the church to the Landmark Center was so great; it gave us a good chance to have a few minutes alone amidst all the craziness. Getting to the Landmark Center was amazing - it was even more magical than I had hoped it would be. We had a great time dancing (I hope everyone else did too!), and trying to catch at least a few minutes with all of our guests.

I've said on several occasions that I would love to relive my wedding day - I remember so many amazing and wonderful snippets from that day. The special people who helped make the day possible, from participants in the ceremony to those who helped with reception things at the Landmark. The support from friends who stood up for us, and have continued to support us. The guest tables having to sing a song with the word love (as opposed to clinking glasses) to get us to kiss. And so many more... To relive everything would be so incredible!

But without taking away from that special day, all of that wouldn't matter. What matters is our marriage - the everyday. The fact that my husband is the man that God wanted for me (ever since I saw him with that fluorescent jacket on... ) and only me. That he makes me feel as though I'm the most important person in the world. That he makes each day more wonderful than the last. Six years has gone by very quickly, but when I'm with him sometimes it seems like time stops. I can't wait for the years to come, to see what is in store for the rest of our marriage. Because even though it seems inconceivable, I can't wait to love him more tomorrow than I do today.

I love you Jamie!

No comments:

Post a Comment