Sunday, February 26, 2006

Currently Listening
The Best of Ella Fitzgerald
By Ella Fitzgerald
see related

My family finally celebrated all of the February birthdays we have today; however, ironically the one who's birthday is today (Dena), wasn't even able to celebrate with us! Oh well. We went to Cheesecake Factory, and let's just say that I'm still full, four hours later! I won't need to eat dinner tonight, that's for sure.

So, I joined this contest in January called "Drop it like it's hot" where the gym at work is offering $400 in gift cards to eq-life (a spa/salon/wellness store) to the person that loses the most weight/inches in 12 weeks. The halfway mark is this week, so I re-weigh in on Wednesday. After today, I'm going to have to kick butt in the next couple of days to make sure I didn't wreck all of my progress! Jamie and I are going to the gym in about another hour, so hopefully I'll be very energetic by the time I get on the elliptical machine... Although for the most part, I'm pretty pleased with my progress. My goal was to lose 5 lbs per month between January and the end of June, and I'm already at about 14 pounds. I've found that the classes I so dreaded going to at the gym have become my favorite, but I still don't mind the elliptical. It's very mindless. What I'm really looking forward to is when the weather gets a little nicer and we can more consistently take Tucker for a walk every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment