Sunday, March 5, 2006

Currently Watching
Wedding Crashers (R-Rated Widescreen Edition)
see related

I love that Jamie is a teacher - he comes home with great stories at least once a week. One of the things that helps him get through especially tough days with his high schoolers is sarcasm. So on Friday, he made a sarcastic comment about something to his class, and one of his students asked him "Do you ever laugh?" in all seriousness. So, in all seriousness, Jamie says "No; I never laugh". Little do they know that they are the source of the majority of his laughter!

Here's another one from a couple of years ago - on days before holidays or spring break, when he knows the kids will be squirrely, he usually has them do puzzle worksheets. So this particular day, he was going through the answers at the end of class, and one of the questions was "Bob is a butcher. He is 6'4", has a size 36 waist and wears a size 13 shoe. What does Bob weigh?" So Jamie gives the answer, which is meat. Bob is a butcher so he weighs meat. But one of the kids pipes up and says "Wait, I don't get it - when he gets on the scale, it says meat?" He had to turn around and look at the board before he started laughing! That's right - the future of our country, ladies and gentlemen...

I wish I had funny stories like that from work - I guess I get a good laugh every now and then, but not as often as Jamie. However, I just found out in the last week that two more women on my team - including my boss - are pregnant. That means that 25% of our 20 person team is pregnant at the moment. I continue to drink bottled water...

No comments:

Post a Comment