Wednesday, April 11, 2007


Currently Watching
The Holiday
By Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jude Law, Jack Black, Eli Wallach
see related

Well, you'd think with me being on bedrest I'd be posting all the time. Instead, I've been doing a lot of thinking - trying to do last minute planning, packing (with Jamie's help, obviously), praying...for this baby. I've also been trying to wrap up things for work, since the person covering my maternity leave started yesterday. It's hard, since I want to do as much as I can to spell out every last detail, but I realize that's probably going overboard. Although I realize how lucky I am that I can still work from home even though I'm on bed rest - not many people have that luxury. It allows me to keep saving my time for the actual maternity leave instead of taking time now.

So today...I had my appointment with my regular doc after another ultrasound to check Little P's kidney measurements. My blood pressure was in the 150's over 90's, then another nurse came in to check it, and it was 160/110. Clearly not good! The doctor came in and we talked about some things like pain options during labor, when to go to the hospital, things that were probably good to talk about since we may not get to go to the birthing class this weekend! He also said I won't be going in to the office anymore. And then he checked me (not dilated at all) and sent me to the hospital for monitoring. I headed over to the hospital after calling Jamie to let him know, and was there for about 4 hours. They just monitored my blood pressure and the baby's heartbeat, as well as some blood work. The blood pressure came down when I was just laying on my left side, and since my labs all came back ok they sent me home. Now I just have to remain on my left side as much as possible, and I'll go back on Friday to see the doctor. He'll do some tests on the baby to see if my blood pressure is affecting Little P or not, and then we'll see where things go from there. I'm really hoping I can make it another week and a half or so (or longer!), but obviously whatever needs to be done to keep both me and Little P safe is best. I'm also REALLY hoping that I don't have to have a c-section.

It's funny - people always say how you can never be totally prepared before kids, but I still can't get it out of my control-freak head that there are tons of things I wish I had time (and now just the opportunity!) to finish up. Oh well - things will play out just the way they're supposed to. God's got both me and Little P right where He wants us!

No comments:

Post a Comment