Friday, April 14, 2006


Tuesday I had an appointment with an endodontist - he needed to re-do a root canal I had about 8-10 years ago that my dentist (not the one who did the original root canal) didn't feel comfortable doing. Things seemed fine, he found the problem and fixed some of it, but we had to schedule a follow up appointment for a couple of weeks from now. Well, Wednesday night, all day yesterday, and last night I have been in some major pain. Not only in the tooth that was affected but also my whole upper right side of my mouth.

So I called this AM to see if they could get me in, but they are closed due to Good Friday. I had to call the on-call dr, who prescribed generic Vicatin (sp?) for me. Well, I took it, and it hasn't really helped at all. So I just called the dr's pager again to see if we can set something up for tomorrow morning in the office, as he said another alternative is to open up the tooth (again) and put medicine in it directly.

I'm not sure if it's just because I feel like it's affecting my whole face, or what, but I am in so much pain I just start crying every now and then. Hopefully I can get in so my whole Easter weekend isn't ruined...

No comments:

Post a Comment